Friday, February 27, 2015

Perchance to Dream (Theatre Illuminata #2)

             The world outside the Theatre

Growing up in a enchanted Theatre Illuminata, Bertie learned everything about every play ever written. She knew the Players and their parts-but she didn't know that she had a role to play, too. Now that she's discovered her own magic, she is the Mistress of Revels, the Teller of Tales. And she's ready to write her own story, outside the protective walls of the Theatre. But which way will her story go? Towards Nate, who's being held captive by the Sea Goddess, and loves Bertie dearly? Or should she write Ariel into her narrative? He's by her side everyday, and she's finding his charms so very hard to resist...




In this book The members of Beatrice Shakespeare Smith and Company (which includes Bertie, Ariel and her sidekick fairies) leave the Theatre to go to the outside world to save Nate from the Sea Goddess - but only Bertie can save him. The Sea Goddess has stolen Nate's soul and left his body to rot in the sea cave. Bertie's dreams are haunted by Nate, and only her love is keeping him alive. In the day her heart is held by Ariel, who has been freed from the Theatre and loves her, but she is fixated on Nate. Still, she strings Ariel along because she loves them both, which comes in handy later on. In the outside world Bertie and Company meet Waschbar a sneak-thief who used to be a... well, thief. He and his two ferrets join Bertie and her team on their adventure. She also meets The Scrimshander who turns out to be her father.

I've been told the second book is always the hardest to write but Lisa did an amazing job. I had read this book in December of 2013 and stayed up until two a.m to finish it. Just like the first, Lisa takes you into a world you never would have thought of, which is so beautifully detailed. I LOVED the concept of the Teller of Tales. I feel like being a writer is a lot like it because when an author sends their book out it brings a world to life in a reader's mind. The one thing I didn't like about this book was Ariel. It's not that I hate him or the way Lisa wrote him it's just I didn't fall for his "charm". He seemed very fake to me. I also never really could put a time on it. I never found out if it was in Shakespeare's time or not. I'm also not sure how I felt about everything with her dad, I kind of wanted more and for him to go back to her mom. Other than that, I enjoyed the book and LOVED the parts with Nate. (I'm on team Nate!!). Lisa, once again, wrote a wonderful book that I couldn't stop reading!! Highly Recommend!!

So Silver Bright book review coming tomorrow.

Where to buy this book!!  

~Lolita           

No comments:

Post a Comment