Tuesday, June 2, 2015

"My Life Undecided"

ATTENTION ALL BLOG READERS! I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP!!!! THIS IS FOR REAL!!!!

OKAY, MAYBE THAT WAS A BIT MELODRAMATIC, but I'm sorry, I'm feeling a bit melodramatic at the moment.
Here's the deal. My name is Brooklyn Pierce, I'm fifteen years old, and I am decisionally challenged. Seriously, I can't remember the last good decision I made. I can remember plenty of crappy ones though. Including the party I threw when my parents were out of town that accidentally burned down a model home.
Yeah, not my finest moment, for sure.
But see, that's why I started this blog. To enlist readers to make my decisions for me. That's right. I gave up. Threw in the towel. I let someone else decided which book I read for English. And whether or not I accepted an invitation to the join the debate team from that cute-in-a-dorky-sort-of-way guy who gave me the Heimlich maneuver in the cafeteria. (Note to self: Chew the melon before swallowing it.) I even let them decide who I dated!
Well, it turns out there are some things in life you simply can't choose or have chosen for you-- like who you fall in love with. And now everything's more screwed up than ever. 
But don't take my word for it. Read the book and decide for yourself. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll scream in frustration. Or maybe that's just me. After all, it's my life.


Brooklyn Pierce isn't the best a decision making, if it's not falling down a mine shaft it's throwing a party while her parents are gone a burning a model home down. Let's not forget smoking outside of school... Finally Brooklyn's parents have had enough, and so has the judge giving her Two hundred hours of community service- She get's stuck helping out in a nursing home where she meets Mrs. Moody *Who's name fits* She spends her time reading to Mrs.  Moody to find a name in the back of the oh so loved books  "Nicholas Townley" Wonder who that could be? Adding on to her horrible community service her life at school isn't any better- Her best friend has now given her the cold shoulder after she's the one who PLANED the party which Brooklyn got in trouble for, But not all life at school is bad once she meets the new boy "Hunter Wallace Hamilton... the third"!! *cool name, right?* Still Brooklyn has no clue what to do, so in makes a blog to enlist readers to make the decisions for her- decisions from what book to read, to go to new boy's dad's club opening, join the debate club, even down to who to date!!! Probably not the best idea, things could down from her if people find out she's the one writing the blog, But worse if the two boy's she what them to choose to be her boyfriend see. But hey, that's life.



This book was so funny to me. The idea for someone getting others to made their decisions is too funny. I love Jessica work, she has this great way of writing that anyone of any age can enjoy her books. Not going to lie but this book was a bit of a slow read for me at first but once you get into it you can't stop. *I may or may not have been up until three a.m reading...* I saw the thing a the end coming and got so happy when it really happened!! *Can't say what it is being as I'm trying not to spoil the book for once!* This book is very enjoyable and a great read. I give it five stars and can't wait to read more of Jessica's work in the future. 

Stars given:


     About Author:

Jessica Brody was born in Los Angles and moved to Franktown, Colorado, when she was twelve. A graduate of Smith College, she is the author of "The Karma Club" and "52 Reasons to Hate My Father", as well as two adult novels. She now splits her time between California and Colorado... because she can't decide where she wants to live. Visit her on the Web at  http://www.jessicabrody.com/





WHERE TO BUY THIS BOOK






No comments:

Post a Comment