Tuesday, June 2, 2015

"Shatter Me'

I HAVE A CURSE.
I HAVE A GIFT.
I'M A MONSTER.
I'M MORE THAN HUMAN.
MY TOUCH IS LETHAL.
MY TOUCH IS POWER.
I AM THEIR WEAPON.
I WILL FIGHT BACK.
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time--and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.
Shatter me is about a girl "Juliette Ferrars" who has a strange power. She can kill someone with a touch, She has killed someone.  Abandoned  by her parents she's threw in isolation with nothing but an old bed, crappy blanket and pillow along with a pen and notepad she stole. 264 days she's been locked up, all alone never spoken to even when a guard gives her food through a slot in the door or when the door opens letting her  go to the showers. Every day the same until on day she wakes to find a boy in her room, a hot boy, none the less. He steals her bed, blanket, and crappy pillow while never shutting up. Juliette who has gotten use to the loneliness is thrown back by this loud mouth, but what if she grows to like him, he becomes her only friend-- or so she thought. All is turned around when guards brake into her cell and knock them out. Then she wakes only to find out Adam is a guard and works for a  young, beautiful boy who want to use her power for bad. But he's not as bad as he seems, Warner treats her right giving her her own room *even if it's covered in cameras* beautiful dresses and enough food to feed a army but still wants her power. Just when she thinks she's alone and lost her only friend, Adam brakes everything she's ever known when he tell her he can touch her, for a girl her can't touch, or be touched that's something big. It gets better thought when he tells her how much he cares for her and how he'll get her out. All seems to be going well but that ever last, like Warner would let Juliette go that easy, he still has his plans for her and will give up on nothing for them to happen.  

Not going to lie, I bought this book just because of it's cover...I mean look at it, It's gorgeous. And the book is even better. I was drawn in by the beautiful cover and blown away by a fantastic book. Tahereh Mafi has not only a lovely name but a lovely well mannered way of writing. She writes so beautifully and makes you feel as if your in the book living the story. *Which is what you want to feel with every book you read!!!* I felt a contention with Juliette- though I don't have powers to kill someone or been locked up for 264 days-- I still known how it  is to be lonely and  feel like an outcast. I couldn't decide how I felt about Adam or Warner, I thought I hated Warner but the more you read of the series you can't tell me you don't fall in love with him, I don't care who you are. I've read these books probably too many not enough times. You can ever get sick of them. It's like your reading it for the first time every time you pick it up. I HIGHLY recommend  you read this series, it's amazing and worth every second of it!! 

Stars given:☆K 


    About Author:
Tahereh Mafi is a girl. She was born in a small city somewhere in Connecticut and currently resides in Orange County, California, where the weather is just a little too perfect for her taste. When unable to find a book, she can be found reading candy wrappers, coupons, and old receipts. "Shatter Me" is her first novel. You can visit her online at http://taherehbooks.com/ or follow her on twitter @TaherehMafi











No comments:

Post a Comment